Friday, June 25, 2010

My Very First Post

I've gone and done it! After spending over a year reading so many stitchy blogs I've finally built up the nerve to join the ranks. I don't know why I agonized over this decision to start a blog for so long. Maybe it is because I am humbled by the talent that is out there! Some of you must be SPEED STITCHERS...and it's always so beautiful! I consider myself to be a slow stitcher. I have this problem (I know, my first entry on my new blog and I'm already confessing)....I can't sit and stitch if there's something in the house that needs to be cleaned up. Oh, now I'm not that way all the time but the guilt of a sink full of dishes does put a damper on the enjoyment of passing my needle through linen.



I want all the creators of all the blogs I follow to know that each of you has been an inspiration to me as you share a glimpse of your daily grind. I've laughed and I've cried. I've celebrated finishes and groaned with you through necessary frogging. I am so often awestruck at the talent I see every day here.



Please bear with me as I fumble my way through this blogging world. Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated. I am not very computer wise so this will be a learning experience.



A BIG thank you once again to all who have been an inspiration to me!



Peggy Lee

8 comments:

Littlebit said...

Peggy Lee..this is Paulette's mother--your blog banner is absolutely beautiful!! I was intimidated by my first post, too..just didn't have much of anything to say, and I'm not near as entertaining as my daughter, but it's a nice way to share your life with others. And what is that beautiful sampler up there???

~ Stitchin Sweet Sue ~ said...

OMG! OMG! OMG (heart fluttering)! Sooooooooooooo HAPPY to see you here, what a treat! Looooooove your banner, GORGEOUS! Fumble away my friend, you know my email. I got lots when I started, blogging is always a WIP. Hmmm, scratching head ~ been a while since I updated my *Featured Blog* section...

~ Stitchin Sweet Sue ~ said...

HA! I'm honored to be your first follower!

xoxo

Sharlotte said...

I absolutely LOVE your header picture!!

Sharlotte said...

Btw.... I am now a follower. Genealogrl is me. :)

Jennifer said...

I don't think you need my help. Looks to me like you have the hang of it already! Congrats on your first post!
I will be following and I can't wait to see your work.

Paulette said...

Awesome, Peggy Lee! Welcome to the blogging world! Don't worry about trying to fit a certain mold - this is your blog, so you "say" what you want to! That's the only advice I have! :)

Your header is gorgeous!

Paulette

Daffycat said...

Welcome to blogland, Peggy Lee! You will soon have the "hang" of things and be posting like a pro in no time!