Monday, June 28, 2010

I'm SPEECHLESS!!!

I just don't know what to say! I woke up this morning with 6 followers and this evening I have 28! I can't thank each one of you enough for taking the time to read my blog and thinking enough of it to 'follow' it. I'm discovering a whole new world. My next dilemma will be to tear myself away from the computer long enough to actually STITCH!
I wanted to post this first picture tonight because Ma Teakettle was so very kind to announce my debut on her BLOG this morning. The little verse on the top of her blog caught my eye right away. I stitched this on aida way back in 1993 while providing home-based nursing assistant duties to a sweet elderly woman. She passed away shortly after I completed it. I have no idea who designed it or where I got the chart. I would guess it came from a magazine.

The next picture is of a beautiful apple design I found in a 1992 issue of Cross Stitch & Country Crafts magazine. I stitched it in 2001. I remember picking it up about a year before that though and messing it up so badly I threw it in back in the basket. When I did grab it again it seemed to come together without much trouble. I don't know what I was fretting about. This was one of my first linen pieces. I have always loved anything having to do with apples so this is one of my favorites!

The Country Kitchen Sampler pictured next is a design by Deborah Lambein, a Leisure Arts leaflet. I stitched this one in 1994, two years after the chart was published. It is on aida cloth but I've been kicking around the idea of doing this one again on linen. Hmmm...........

The last photo today is for Stephanie at Joie de Bayou. She was so kind to comment on my last post and ask about a couple of my finished pieces. I'm sorry Stephanie but I just realized that you asked about TWO of them and I only took a picture of one. They are BOTH finished and framed. The pic below of of Birdhouse Row, a design by Diane Arthurs. The chart was published by Imaginating, Inc in 2004 and I completed it a few years after that. The chart called for it to be stitched on 14 ct. aida with DMC#3345, Hunter Green/Dark but I used an unknown blue linen with white DMC floss. I have always liked the look of blue and white, in fact my dishes are the popular Willow Ware pattern.

The colorful piece in the center is called Folk Art Wedding by Dimensions. Masterchief and I were married in December 2005 and I did that one in the Spring of '08, I think.

Thanks so much for stopping by again today. This rookie-blogger is absolutely awestruck at the kindness of each of you.
~~Peggy Lee

6 comments:

Sharlotte said...

I was quite shocked when I seen today how many followers you had as I remember there being just three just the other day! That was really quick! I had intended to mention you on my blog tomorrow and I see that Karyn (Ma) has . That's really great! Lots of great stitching in your post today! I have seen the LA's Apples before . I thought it looked familuar. Looks like you are getting the picture thing down. You are quickly becoming a blogging pro!

window into our life of love, joy, and adventures! said...

I love your Country Kitchen Sampler! I actually have that one on my to do list that seems to grow and grow and grow! Yikes! I suppose I should spend less time on the computer and get back to my love of stitching! : )

Vonna said...

Ma directed me here, she's got a heart of gold and a great friend :)
I love all your examples of beautiful works you've done. I have all of the Cross Stitch and Country Craft mags...I love to page through them from time to time :)

Faye said...

Seeing some of the older pieces makes me want to get home and spread all my magazines out and ju
st take an afternoon browsing....And, it makes total sense b/c so many classics live in those older issues.!! Dont get me wrong, I LOVE my new stash, but sometimes going back will reveal tons of goodies to work on!! Again, happy to have you on board and soon I will be off my summer "teachers" break, and be back to posting some myself!!! Stay cool, Faye

Xeyedmary said...

Welcome to the Blogging World! Edgar from Blacksheep's Bit of the Web pointed you out on his blog today. You've made a nice start- I love the stitching you've displayed- I recognize a lot of the CS&CC patterns. I browsed your Blog List- Cranberry Cross Stitch (at the bottom of your list) is now this blog:
http://cranberrysamplings.blogspot.com/
Deb finally found some time to devote to blogging, and re-started with a new one. I hope you don't mind if I "check in on you" occasionally. Thanks!

Sharon said...

What a lovely blog you've started! Your stitching is beautiful - I can't wait to see more!!! :)